PEO Lake Ontario Chapter Scholarship
The Lake Ontario Chapter Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to a deserving Grade 12 students graduating from a school physically located in the Region of Durham and entering a Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board-accredited engineering program at a University in the province of Ontario. The Fund also raises the awareness locally of Professional Engineers Ontario, the engineering profession, the student mentorship program and licensure in engineering. It is hoped that recipients of PEO Chapter Scholarships would seek licensure upon graduation.
On behalf of the Professional Engineers of Ontario, Lake Ontario Chapter, we are seeking ONE deserving graduating high school student from the Region of Durham (from either Catholic or Public secondary school). Our Chapter will be awarding a one time $1,500.00 entrance scholarship to be awarded to the deserving eligible student. As a result, we are seeking eligible students in our region.
The selection criteria includes:
- Must be entering CEAB accredited engineering program this coming Winter or Fall semester
- At least 60% grade in (Math, Science, Physics and English)
- Writing an essay with:
- A 1000 words (Max)
- Why they are choosing engineering as a career
- What skills they believe are necessary in an engineering career
- How they demonstrate leadership skills
- Description of involvement in extra curricular activities
- Description of community involvement
- Provide an official transcript of Grades from last year of school
- Provide a minimum of two Letters of Recommendations from teachers or community leaders
- Submit all the required attachments and information no later than June 30, 2017 to Carmelo.Tancioco@ttc.ca or mail it to 5160 Yonge Street, 13th Floor, North York , ON, M2N 6L9 , Attn: Carmelo Tancioco, P. Eng., FEC
Please call 416-590-6209 if you require additional information.